Willkommen!

Foreign country, new baby, life as a "single mom"....why not write about it??

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And so it begins...

I have always debated having a blog and now that my life has taken a huge turn and seems more "interesting," I figured it's is a good time to start.  A lot has changed in the past year or so.  I moved from Texas to North Carolina...got married...got pregnant...moved to Germany.  All in a year's time.  Now, we have our wonderful little girl and Nick is gone just as much, if not more, than he is home.  Being a military wife is never boring, there's always something going on.  It's definitely not a life for everyone.  It's not easy and sometimes feels harder than I can handle but not a day goes by that I regret this "job."  And yes, I call it a job because it's what I do 24/7.  Handling the household, the bills, all the problems and issues that happen while he's gone, acting as a single mom...it's one of the toughest jobs I can think of.  That's now in full affect with the Merrick family!  I must add, I'm very proud of my husband and that I am called to be his wife and support at home!  


For those of you that want to know details about Nick's deployment, I'm sorry but I cannot post anything about it.  He's alive and well which is all that matters.  Having my mom here has been wonderful!  She has been great help!  It also helped lessen the blow after Nick left.  Poor Chuck already misses his best friend.  I can play with him over and over but will never replace Nick.  Hopefully he'll adjust soon along with the rest of us.


I want to thank everyone for all the love and support.  It's really comforting to know that we have such a good support system, not only back home in the states but here as well.  God always provides!  I will try to keep everyone updated with life the best I can.  Hopefully I will keep up with this.  :)


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment